Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jackson Hole & Yellowstone

Well we went to Jackson and Yellowstone at the end of July trough the first of August. I finally just downloaded the pictures so I figured I better post them. I know that I am really bad at posting things. We camped in Jackson Hole for a few days and went around the town shopping. Jen and Tommy camped with mom, Ted, Todd, Cache, & I in Jackson and then had to leave when we went into Yellowstone. We saw some amazing things a ton of buffalo, a moose, a bunch of elk, and a baby black bear. It was so fun camping with our family and we were so glad that Todd was able to get off work and go with us. There were a few fires while we were in Yellowstone. We saw a flame starting up as we were driving back to our campsite, the next morning as we were driving to old faithful the mountain where the flame was, was completely burnt. We woke up one morning and there were huge elk footprints right next to our tent. We drove by a bunch of buffalo one day and one was about 2 inches away from moms door she tried to take a picture of it but was to scared it was gonna ram her so all she got in the picture was its horn. Right as we went to pull away from it it turned and looked at us and snorted we were all freaking out I guess the truck it wasa next to before us peeled away and made it mad. We went to artist canyon in yellowstone, it is also called the grand canyon of yellowstone, it was so amazing with all the waterfalls. It was so neat to see all the sites with our family.

1 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so jealous of your trip to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole - I've only been up there once (in college) and have always wanted to go back. That is some gorgeous country up there.
And Cache is such a cutie and growing up so fast!!